Part Time Floating Aid
About Apogee Cedar Park
We combine elements of Socratic guiding, hands-on experiential projects and interactive technology, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
At Apogee, we have mixed-aged classrooms called studios with a self-paced learning design as opposed to grade-levels. Our real world-oriented projects culminate in a public exhibition of learning as opposed to test scores and report cards. In all areas of Apogee life, our learners are empowered to be in the driver's seat of their education. We currently serve learners ages 4-14 with plans to expand to high school.
Apogee Cedar Park is seeking a part time floating aid to support our guides during the day. You will be an integral part of a dynamic learning environment with opportunities to advance. Work hours will be from 8-3 from September - June 30th with frequent breaks for holidays.
- Help supervise our learners from 8-9 to allow our guides time to prepare their studios for the day.
- Fill in for guides during the day to allow them to have breaks.
- Assist guides as needed in studios, especially the 4-7 age group.
- During your time with learners be willing to facilitate activities such as reading aloud, art projects, games, crafts, etc.
- Support guides by making copies, printing, cutting, gathering supplies, and other administrative tasks as needed.
Preferred skills and experience:
- Experience and passion for working with children.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to work hard, solve problems, and improve on everything they do.
- A strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues, and a commitment to professionalism.
- A commitment to practicing gentle, compassionate boundary setting.
- A willingness to be coached and mentored.
- Vulnerability and courage to try new things, make mistakes, and the ability to reflect.
- Comfortable working with all ages from 4-14.
If you are interested in becoming part of our growing team please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, which age group you are interested in working with, what you will bring to the Apogee team, and why you are passionate about this opportunity.Apply Now