Sprout and Spark Guides
About Apogee Cedar Park
We combine elements of Socratic guiding, hands-on experiential projects and interactive technology, creating a lively learning environment that feels more like an adventure than school.
At Apogee, we have mixed-aged classrooms called studios with a self-paced learning design as opposed to grade-levels. Our real world-oriented projects culminate in a public exhibition of learning as opposed to test scores and report cards. In all areas of Apogee life, our learners are empowered to be in the driver's seat of their education. We currently serve learners ages 4-14 with plans to expand to high school.
Our sprout guide will serve our 4-5 year olds in an enriching, hands-on environment. You will be responsible for planning engaging themes throughout the year that will allow them to learn through exploration and investigation. We believe in play with a purpose for this age group. You will also provide them opportunities to build large and fine motor skills, and introduce them to early reading, writing, and math concepts through their exploration. Another big component for this age group is helping them build social and emotional skills.
Our Spark guide will serve our 6-7 year olds. You will create enriching hands-on themes and projects that continue to spark their curiosity and love for learning. There will be a bigger focus on helping them build their basic reading, writing, math and other skills they need to be an independent learner when they move into our elementary studio. This is all done at their own pace. You will also guide them through social skills such as team work and conflict resolution.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Education and/ or experience working with young children.
- An understanding of project based learning and play with a purpose.
- An entrepreneurial mindset and desire to work hard, solve problems, and improve on everything they do.
- A deep love and respect for all children and empathy for the challenges children face in their lives.
- A strong teamwork ethic, a genuine desire to collaborate with colleagues, and a commitment to professionalism.
- A commitment to practicing gentle, compassionate limit setting.
- A willingness to be coached and mentored.
- Vulnerability and courage to try new things, make mistakes, and the ability to reflect.
If you are interested in becoming part of our growing team please submit your resume and a thoughtful cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, which age group you are interested in working with, what you will bring to the Apogee team, and why you are passionate about this opportunity.Apply Now